Brook Cottage, Lower South Wraxall near Bradford on Avon and Bath.
Luxury self catering holiday cottage – sleeps 4.
Brook Cottage is a 17th century Grade 2 listed cottage located in the quiet and attractive village of Lower South Wraxall just 3 miles from Bradford on Avon, 6 miles from Bath and within easy distance of many local attractions. The Longs Arms pub is just a short walk across the fields to the upper village and free range eggs are available at the farm a short walk down the lane. You and your dog are welcome to walk the fields around the village and come back to a hot cup of tea at Brook Cottage.
This luxury holiday cottage is ideally positioned near Bradford on Avon, Bath and the Cotswolds. While providing a complete country experience, it is only a few miles by car from Bradford on Avon which contains many restaurants, pubs, shops and boutiques. Bath is also only a few miles away and it has become one of the most visited cities in England, which besides the famous historic baths also has a new pedestrian mall and excellent restaurants. Also close by is the famous 16th century village of Lacock as well as Avebury and Stonehenge. If you want to enjoy a country experience in a small village while still being close to all of these major attractions, then Brook Cottage is the place for you.
The holiday cottage is decorated and furnished to the highest standards throughout. Originally built as a farmer’s cottage in the 1600’s, Brook Cottage was modernized just last year and it has the latest kitchen appliances, a modern bathroom and the most up to date digital TV and WiFi. Yet it retains many period details. Every room has beams – even the bathroom – and living room features a log stove in the inglenook fireplace and comfortable seating. On a cold winter evening the log stove warms the living areas to a pleasant temperature and the modern heating system takes care of the rest.
Brook Cottage also enjoys its own secluded and peaceful patio and gardens – perfect for alfresco dining during the summer months. So summer or winter we believe that you will find Brook Cottage to be a comfortable retreat from the hustle and bustle of urban life while retaining the amenities of a modern world.
We aim to make your stay in Brook Cottage as comfortable as possible and we extend a warm welcome to you and your dog. Our manager will be available to greet you and ensure that your visit is exactly what you want as we would love for you to return.
RELATED PROPERTY: BROOK COTTAGE is located adjacent to The OTTERY, which is a recently refurbished 18th century cottage. It has the same owners and is also a holiday let. So should you have need for additional space both properties could be let. http://www.theotteryuk.com/
UPSTAIRS: 2 bedrooms and bathroom. Brook Cottage features a spacious main bedroom with a sitting area, a lofty, beamed ceiling and built in clothes storage. There are views of the countryside from both of the dormers.Bedroom 2 is smaller and the beds are two foot six but with more than adequate space for two people.NOTE: The stairs were built as part of the original cottage and are very steep. The cottage may not be suitable for the very elderly or the very young.
PARKING: Off-street parking is supplied with room for one car.
The cottage was recently remodeled and as part of that a new kitchen was installed and all of the utilities are new. A feature is an electric convection oven with induction cook top which keeps the charm of an Aga but is much easier to operate. It even has a warm front so you can dry your socks just like the original Aga! The kitchen is fully equipped and has a dishwasher plus a washer and separate dryer. The kitchen comes nicely equipped with all of the modern utensils and cookware that you will need.All bath and hand towels, tea towels as well as electricity and gas for heating, lighting and hot water is included in the rental cost. There is oil central heating that works well and the log burning stove is so efficient that you will need to bank it to keep the temperature from being too warm.The cottage is immaculately prepared for you and all beds are made prior to your arrival. A welcome pack provides some food essentials to get you started.There is a wonderful garden at the back of Brook Cottage that you can enjoy in good weather.
There is also plenty of fresh air to be had by walking down the lane with your dog to the open fields around South Wraxall, as well as past the farms to the pub.
Please use the following chart to guide you on our current availability. Please confirm the available dates by e-mailing email@example.com You can also contact our UK Manager, Clare Evans at 07739 986 216 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org We can provisionally hold dates for a few days until you return the booking form and deposit.
Schedule 1 – Weekly Tariffs
The tariffs below show the weekly gross rents to be charged inclusive of VAT per season for the contract period 2 January 2016 to 1 January 2017 on a freesale basis.
|DEPT DATE RANGE||5/2-12/2 &
|£125 per night||£140 per night||N/A||N/A|
Changeover day: Friday & Mon for mid week breaks
Maid Service/Laundry: On Changeover
How to Book Brook Cottage
Please check to see if your dates are available. You can do this by looking at the availability chart. You may ask for more information or confirm your commitment to book for those dates by e-mailing email@example.com. You can also contact our UK Manager, Clare Evans at 07739 986 216 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also reach Bob and Lindsay in the US at (001) 510 928 2711.
Note that we do also use a booking agent and to avoid double booking we must confirm with them before we take a booking. So it is important that once you decide you want to book, you email us immediately so that we can get that confirmation. We will inform you as soon as we receive that confirmation. Once you have received our confirmation you should send in the booking form and the booking and security deposits.
We can provisionally hold dates for a few days until you return the booking form and deposit.
Administration Address for Booking Forms & Correspondence:
Hannah Knights 6 Emeston Crescent, Corsham, Wiltshire, UK SN139DH.
Please make out cheques to Lindsay Newcomb
- Brook Cottage is let on a short-term holiday let, for the period specified on the booking confirmation, for the maximum number of persons specified. (4).
- No smoking is permitted on the premises. We allow up to two well behaved dogs which are limited to the downstairs and are requested to not be allowed on the furniture. The cost per dog per week is £30. Contravention will mean an extra charge levied, to thoroughly clean the property and furnishings (in excess of £250)
- The period of hire shall be from 4.30pm on the day of arrival and shall end at 10.00am on the day of departure.
- Any cancellation made by the client for whatever reason, shall be in writing and sent by email to Lindsay Newcomb. The full balance is payable and your deposit is not refundable, unless we can re-let the property. If we can re-let, for the full duration of your cancelled stay, we will refund your deposit and balance, minus £50 administration. However, we recommend you take holiday cancellation insurance.
- The client takes full responsibility for the property and must take all reasonable and proper care of its furniture, pictures, ornaments, fittings and effects, whether in or on the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the hire period as at the beginning.
- Any damage or breakages caused must be paid for, after consultation with the owner as to the extent of damage or items broken. Items broken will be charged at the replacement cost but any damage to the fabric of the building, or furnishings will be quoted for by an independent source. A £100 security deposit shall be submitted, to be returned within 7 days of the end of the let.
- Complimentary WIFI is only for email and internet access. WIFI is not for gaming or streaming of movies and the like. If WIFI is used for these purposes, there will be an additional charge to cover the extra cost.
- Duty of care – Brook Cottage is maintained to a very high standard. In the event of a breakdown of any equipment, a repair or replacement will be found/fitted within 24 hours where possible and within 3 working days maximum. We are not responsible for any loss of enjoyment arising from the loss of use of any service or item within the specified time limit.
- The client and members of their party cannot hold the owners or their representatives, liable for any injury sustained or any loss or damage to any belongings during their stay at Brook Cottage.
- We reserve the right to enter the property at any reasonable time, for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repair or maintenance but undertake to advise the client of such a need as it arose, prior to entering the property.
- We reserve the right to refuse any booking and in exceptional circumstances to cancel, modify or alter arrangements made for the client, but will refund any monies already paid.
- Your booking assumes acceptance of these conditions in full.
- In case of any dispute the Law of England shall apply.